1950

Following the cultural and economic reforms that took place in Egypt as a result of the 1952 revolution, the 1950s was a decade of modernization, rapid development and national economic independence.

The presidential decree 815 issued in 1959 transferred more than 4.5 million square meters of land to the newly formed general organization of Madinet Nasr, known today as Madinet Nasr for Housing and Development (MNHD), with a main objective of developing Nasr City and its surrounding zones through the construction of fully-serviced residential areas with affordable housing. The organization also was charged with the responsibility of managing the future usage of land in the area connecting Cairo with Heliopolis which used to be barracks to English troops before the 1952 revolution.